1. Brown Beef in Olive Oil over a medium heat. Transfer to plate.
2. Add Onion, Bacon, Mushrooms and Garlic, cook till soft.
3. Stir in Plain Flour.
4. Add Beef Stock, Wine, Thyme, Bay Leaves and Beef to the pan and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours, then place in 2 litre ovenproof dish.
6. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees C.
7. Rub Butter into Self Raising Flour.
8. Stir in Parmesan and Milk and mix.
9. Roll into approximately 20 balls and place on Beef
10. Bake for 20 minutes
11. Serve with Stir Fried Green Vegetables or a Tossed Salad.
1 Kg Gravy Beef, cut into 2cm Cubes
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
6 Rashers of Bacon, chopped
500 gm Button Mushrooms, halved
4 Whole Garlic Cloves
2 Tablespoons Plain Flour
2 Cups (500ml) Beef Stock
1 Cup (250ml) Red Wine
2 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
3 Bay Leaves
2 Cups (300gm) Self Raising Flour
1/2 Cup (45gm) Parmesan Cheese
3/4 Cup (185ml) Milk